WELCOME TO YBB: DIARIES OF LIFE IN SCHOOL AND THE CITY ... feel free to post questions, comments, videos, pictures, etc ... and dont forget to become a member or subscribe for YBB updates!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Don't you have a girlfriend?

So I was on MSN just taking a little break from the ridiculous amount of work I have to do this weekend, when I got the most random message ever from C, this guy from high school

I consider this a random/puzzling message because:
  1. we were barely friends in high school
  2. we've barely talked since high school
  3. he has a girlfriend, or at least claims he does (his Facebook page says otherwise, but whatever) and he was CLEARLY hitting on me, and claimed to have had a crush on me since high school *rolls eyes* oh please...I have a slightly different version of that story
My version:
I can't say I was one of those people that really enjoyed high school, it was okay, but it wasn't one of the highpoints of my life. Its not that I was unpopular, I was just different, reflecting on my experience, as sad as it sounds, I think one of the only things that made me so popular and made me stand out was my looks, but I never really felt like I fit in...lets just put it this way, if I looked a little bit different I'm sure I would have been considered a loser and a complete nerd. I just never felt like I fit in with the "popular" people I hung out with, and because I hung out with this group and was viewed in a certain way, it made me somewhat unapproachable to the people that I actually would have loved to hang out with. I hate how high school works...but I digress lol

So C was also a part of what was considered the "popular" group and although we were "friends" by virtue of being a part of the same group, he teased me relentlessly about what he called my "nerdlike tendencies"...now that I reflect of this, it just seems ridiculous and I don't know why I let it bother me so much...who teases someone else for loving to read, participating in class and extra-curricular activities, and doing really well in school? Clearly an insecure person....but anyways, you can see why I would be puzzled by his messages

My guess is that since he hasn't really done anything since high school a.k.a the highpoint of his life (read: currently unemployed, didn't pursue any post-secondary education, and living at home with mom), so that pretty nerdy girl who did everything in high school and who's now doing things in life, is starting to look a little better...well guess what 1. it's to late and 2.I'm not even close to being interested in a 21 year old unemployed, uneducated boy living at home with his mama and not even attempting to pursue something he's passionate about...what would I want with that?

Is it wrong that I kind of feel good about the fact that everyone who gave me a hard time in high school is a complete loser now? lol

4 comments:

  1. You have every right to think that way! Your hard work paid off and their foolishness kept them going round and round in the same place. Girl, I was just like you, but worse in high school. I didn't fit in at all in high school. People liked me cuz I was silly, but always did all my work, no boys liked me, but I had a lot of friends. Now I get messages from them on Facebook and what not telling me how they always liked me and this crap, which I thank God wasnt true at the time! I'm glad things went the way they did, cuz now Im engaged to a pro football player, have a degree from a prestigious university, all the friends I could ask for (even tho half of em' are fake) and I'm not looking back at all!!! Its glorious.

    Thats why I get mad when I see kids in high school get so down on themselves about things that happen or how many friends they have. Your in the your teens, you've lives like 20% of your life so far, this is nothing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, I'm always shocked about those "I always liked you" and "I miss you, we should hang out" messages...I'm so glad I didn't end up giving into their teasing, maybe I would have ended up like them :s But I'm happy I'm in a place in my life now where I can truly look back on my "friends" and understand why they chose to target me in that way...you're completely right, what happens in high school is not even close to being indicative of things to come after high school for most people...often those that are considered different and just don't feel like they fit in, do extremely well and become really successful in life...At this point, I just find it sad that C was even willing to give up his girlfriend of a few years to feel like he could be a part of my success...oh how the tables have turned lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh those lames!
    i hate sneaky lil bastards lol!
    i love ur post!
    u tell it like it is!
    we are NOW new friends...

    Nikky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nikky :)
    I checked out your blog <3 it! I can't believe you put that guy on blast lmao

    ReplyDelete