WELCOME TO YBB: DIARIES OF LIFE IN SCHOOL AND THE CITY ... feel free to post questions, comments, videos, pictures, etc ... and dont forget to become a member or subscribe for YBB updates!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I hate being late for this class

I am not a morning person
the one early morning class I've had my whole university career is this semester; my last semester (I guess it was silly of me to think I'd get through without taking at least one).

This class is kicking my ass
...its not that I find the material hard at all, it's more so the fact that I'm pretty much half asleep the whole time
...on top of that, since I come in late every morning, I always get stuck sitting next to the stinky girl that no one wants to get stuck with

Call me rude, judgmental, etc...I don't care
I mean, I completely consider myself a feminist just like her; women should be equal to men...but I'm not down with the whole growing out your armpit hair, bathing once a month, and having matted hair with rocks in it thing...that's right, not little beads or shells, full up golf ball sized rocks *side eye*...what kind of a man is she trying to be equal to? The homeless kind? :s forget Western standards of gender normativity, how about cultural standards of hygiene?

Can I say something/make subtle hints about the smell, especially without hurting her feelings, or should I just try to bare it? :s

4 comments:

  1. Does the stinky girl really smell? that must be difficult. Perhaps you could drop a hint, like waving a stick of deodorant in front of her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a morning person too and it would kind of ruin my day if besides being late for class, I sit beside someone stinky too.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend,
    its nice blog ... vist my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, the stinky girl actually stinks...theres usually at least a 1 seat radius of empty seats surrounding her as a result...which is unfortunate because she's a really nice person, but I just can't tolerate the odor...perhaps she's oblivious to her own smell?

    I dont feel like I know her well enough to adress it with her...but hopefully she has some close friends or family who can help her out without hurting her feelings...and do so ASAP! becuase I'm sure a smell that strong, besides being extremely offensive, must be pushing other people away

    ReplyDelete